MoleQueue is a Qt system tray resident application that integrates with desktop applications and HPC resources.
The source code is available at Github.
The JSON-RPC specification is here. In a nutshell, the protocol consists of three message types: requests, responses, and notifications. Every request must be met with a reply, and a notification is simply a request with a null id.
Requests are JSON objects with three name/value pairs:
- method (String): The method requested.
- params (Array): An array of parameters for the requested method.
- id (Value): A unique identifier.
Each request is met with a reply of the following format:
- result (Object): The result of the request. Must be null if an error occurred.
- error (Object): A description of the error. Must be null if no error occurred.
- id (Value): Must be the same as the identifier used in the request.
As mentioned above, notifications follow the same format as requests, but use a null identifier.